Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mad Mad Skills

So here's a little about my mad photography skills:


  • I keep my camera on manual unless it is a quick random photo. I wouldn't show up to a shoot with my camera on AUTO. I have a vision in my head and that vision can't be created with my camera on auto settings. It took me a long time to understand every setting (I'm of course I'm still learning) so I take pride in this. I also shoot in RAW which isn't a big deal if you have no idea what I'm talking about, but I love it so....
  • I prefer shooting outdoors but I'm trying to expand and do more casual indoors photos. I do dream of one day owning my own studio with HUGE windows so I can still work with mostly natural light. 
  • I'm learning how to pose people better. I do like to tell people to sit down and see how they feel comfortable before I get really bossy and more them around until they hate me. I haven't quite got the whole doing all of the sitting poses at one time and doing all the standing at one time so there is a bunch of sitting, standing, sitting, standing going on during a shoot with me.
  • I LOVE editing! I love playing and changing, not as much as I love actually taking the pictures but it comes close. I love doing it all myself, so I kinda loathe actions. 
I didn't feel like I said too much about how I operate so now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment