Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 10, 2011

It's all in the belly

I finished editing one of my best shoots I've done so far. Well that's my opinion and in this point in my "career" my opinion is really important. I feel like the people I take pictures for are a little bias, if they look good in the picture they are going to love the picture. This isn't a bad thing and I'm not looking down on anyone for this; one of my favorite pictures of me is kinda blurry and my eyes are closed but I look SO skinny (hence why I love that picture). And I have some great friends, but I don't think they'd tell me if my pictures were sucky. My husband is the closest to a "real" opinion and he's not much better. Of course he loves everything I do but he does give his opinion if he doesn't like something (even though he doesn't know much about the technical stuff). So yes, I get the say so if this shoot was one of my best.

So anyway the shoot...
It was only my second full maternity shoot. I think maternity shoots are one of my favorite genres (I don't know if that is what you'd call it, but let's say it is). Especially when it is the couples first baby, not that having kids involved in the shoot isn't adorable, but because it is a very important moment in the parents to be life. I love capturing that time in their life where they are excited and scared and anxious to meet their new baby. I love those intimate moments between the couple that don't ever seem posed because they are just so happy.



This soon-to-be mommy was great. She came in with some of her own ideas but she also let me get my ideas out. They were both excited to be getting these pictures and that is so important to me. If you are stoked to be there, I'm way stoked to be there with you taking your pictures.
I was also very very lucky because it was the last pretty day of fall (at least I'm pretty sure because this week has been really ugly). I like getting to do the classic black background maternity pictures but the pictures we took outside have that cool factor, ya know?



I never got pictures done while I was pregnant. Actually I think I have a total of 6 pictures while I was pregnant, most taken by me in a very Myspace type manner and one taken by my mom. I regret it so much because my pregnancy was one of the very most important times in my life and I wish I had that time captured better.

Okay, I'll leave you with just a few more. Can you tell I had a lot to choose from?!



Belly sash made by: Oo As Cute As A Button oO
She does AMAZING custom orders :)

No comments:

Post a Comment