Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 8, 2011

My thoughts and words...

So there are a lot of websites that make fun of some photographers and kinda blast them by putting their pictures up and letting others make fun of them too. I don't find it super funny and I think it is mean to call people out like that, I think even as adults we forget that people have feelings. With that said, I don't think it is fair for everyone who can afford a good (or great) camera, lots of lenses, and actions a photographer. It doesn't necessarily make you a photographer if you have these things and a passion either. I have a mad passion to paint but believe me, I don't hold that talent or skill so I wouldn't never call myself a painter or ever charge people for something I painted.
So what is a photographer to me? It is someone who can get behind a camera and know what everything they are looking at is. If photography is a passion you (you as in the photographer, not you as in you, I have no clue if you want to be a photographer or not) will know your camera. It is someone who can be technical and romantic about photography all at the same time. It is someone who can see a picture in their head and can translate that. Pablo Picasso said, "Bad artists borrow. Good artists steal." When you borrow something it is not yours; when you steal, you make it your own. A photographer will always take an idea they saw and make it their own, change it to be their idea. It is someone who can work with very little and still come out with a great picture. It is someone who has the ability to meet someone and suddenly be able to capture their personality on camera. It is a patient person who can work around a client. It is someone who can edit a picture on their own to make it look like what they see in their head. I don't agree with actions, I see two different pictures and know they used the same actions and it makes me sad. People are losing creativity with this uproar of actions. It is a sea of who has the coolest action and not who has the most creative beautiful picture. A photographer is someone who loves the pictures they take but are always wanting to be better. A photographer is all of this and sooo much more.
I'm not trying to bash anyone or call anyone out but I guess I see that the people who do bash and call people out are probably just frustrated. This doesn't excuse it at all but I get it. I'm not calling myself a photographer, not yet, as of now I'm an aspiring photographer. But I do feel I have some of those qualities that just come naturally. *pats myself on the back*
So this was a look inside the brain of Lynz, I hope you enjoyed it...

No comments:

Post a Comment