Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 10, 2011

I remember my first time...

I am a military wife photographer. There's millions of us. Maybe not millions but there sure are a lot. Anyway that means one thing that I am asked to photograph that is a little different than other photographers is homecoming ceremonies. I was asked to do one this past week. I'm actually fairly new to the military life. I've never been to a homecoming at all so it was a totally new experience. I have actually never really paid much attention to homecoming photography either or thought it was something I was interested in. See, I like to be in control and bossy when it comes to photographing people. You know, sit this way, look this way, do this not that kinda of thing. Anyway, I was asked to do it and I thought I should at least try. I mean, it is part of my life (and I actually love the military life). So here is the final product.
Nervous hands. 

These three pictures were taken one after another. It is the second she saw him and then her showing their daughter where he was. It really makes me smile. 

This was before hand while we were all waiting.

And of course kissing pictures. I loved all the happiness in that gym. It really is overwhelming and wonderful all at the same time. And I felt so great that I was asked to capture this day for them.  


1 comment:

  1. My sisters partner is in the Navy so I know how important these moments that you capture are.

    ReplyDelete